Friday, March 15, 2013

                                                                        Mood Music :)

Lots of exciting things been going on lately, lots and lots. I'm graduating pretty soon, going to be attending our local university (USI) and I'm actually kind of excited. Whiiich completely contradicts anything and everything I've ever complained, bitched, and griped about for the past 3 years.
I've always been afraid since I was a kid I was going to be stuck in Evansville for the rest of my life, so it does disappoint me a tad that I'm going to a college that is literally a 15 minute drive from my mothers house...
But honestly, I couldn't be more pleased that I even got this far. Considering where I used to be (which was about as rock bottom as you could hit) I'm just... Gotta thank my lucky stars, you know?

But, anyway, my moms been talking to me the last couple days about getting me a Mac for school. I'd have to help pay for it but oh my god. A real fucking laptop. No more stealing my siblings dinky little computers only to have them shut down on me when I try to get real with my Corel Painter.
Annd apparently my dads taking me to Wisconsin as my graduation present.
So of course that means we're going to the House on the Rock.

That has got to be one of the flat out most amazing places on earth. I'm always so surprised by how little people have heard about it...  But I mean the whole place is full of various types of collections from professional type model ships to Victorian style porcelain dolls and miniature circus set ups and rooms full of instruments that play themselves and manikins galore and ah man, it's just such a great place. My favorite thing in the whole place is in the second part of the tour, it's this giant statue of a whale fighting a squid. I've got ocean in my soul people, most little girls dream about being a princess when they're like 7 or 8, I wanted to sail the arctic seas looking for whales. But then I got into running through woods and waiting for fairies and blah blah blah I still love whales.
But to get back on topic, that statue is soo big. I've always wanted to get pictures of it but it's just too big for my standard canon rebel to get a good shot of. Meh.
I'm excited though. I can't waaait!!


(One I took) Some angels on the ceiling around the carousel
(One I took) The carousel
(One I took) A manikin in one of the displays
I found this one online but it's part of the whale :)

No comments:

Post a Comment