Thursday, April 4, 2013

Power of the Dark Crystal

I am so pissed. Directors have been talking about The Power of the Dark Crystal a sequel to Jim Henson's The Dark Crystal forever now and it seems they've officially decided to cancel it. Apparently this happened sometime during last year, so pissed that I didn't find out until now...
I mean, I was actually excited about it. I grew up on that movie and it's fueled alot of my love for fantasy and things out of the norm... I remember when I was a kid I didn't know the puppets were puppets, I actually thought they were real creatures and beings. Skeksis, Gelflings, Mystics, etc, I really thought they were out there somewhere and when I found out they were puppets it blew my mind. That a puppet could actually make me believe such fantastical things existed was amazing to me.
But also take into consideration I wasn't the smartest kid, lots of imagination, little clarity. But when I was in middle school, my mom and I were all excited about the fact that they were trying to bring The Dark Crystal and it's characters back, and even adding in new characters!
...I'm just insanely dissapointed. Getting people hopes up only to shove em' back down...(sighs)

Picture from a trailer of The Power of the Dark Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment